Very excited to once again be playing keys with Emily Palen and her genre-defying group, KnightressM1, this Saturday at El Rio in San Francisco. An added bonus for me is that I will be sharing the stage with fellow Debora Iyall Group alumni (?) Robert Tucker on drums! Show starts at 9 PM, $7 gets you in the door. Also on the bill: Swoop Unit and Stymie and The Pimp Jones Luv Orchestra
Posts Tagged ‘El Rio’
Tags: El Rio, Emily Palen, live music, nightlife, performance, San Francisco
Tags: El Rio, live, music, Pauli Gray, San Francisco
“Burn” with Pauli Gray
“Say Anything” with Pauli Gray
Tags: Armandos, debora iyall, El Rio, live, music, Romeo Void, Zoid
April seems to be all about doing the work: tearing down my studio so I can get it water-proofed and remodeled; learning to be flexible with practice time and space when I don’t have a dedicated area; learning new material for upcoming shows. But I’m pretty sure it will all pay off, in some cases as soon as next month.
My biggest news is that I’m playing keys for Debora Iyall’s backing band. I’ve mentioned Debora in a previous post; she was the lead singer of Romeo Void, a seminal post-punk band from the 80’s. The whole situation seems a little too good to be true, so I’ve been very quiet about it, afraid I might jinx it in some way. However, we have a show coming up on Cinco de Mayo at Armandos in Martinez, CA so I guess it’s time to make it official.
And here’s a preview of some of the music you’ll be hearing if you make it out to the show:
A Jimi Hendrix tribute performed by the very talented Stev Ohanis (guitar), Dave Wenger (bass) and John Tucker (drums) will kick off the evening, and I’ll even play a few solo songs before the main event.
Tags: El Rio, live music, original, San Francisco, synth pop
Thanks to everyone who came out to the show on Tuesday, October 4th! It was a completely enjoyable evening, having the chance to play some music, spend some time with friends and make a few new ones.
Tags: El Rio, Roasted seaweed, San Francisco, Second Life
In the past 72 hours I have:
– Donated supplies to the Occupy San Franciso base camp.
– Eaten wasabi coated roasted seaweed. Yum!
– Been amazed at how well my 4 yr old can swing on his own.
– Completed 7 videos to accompany my live performance at El Rio on Tuesday October, 4th (7 pm sharp, in case you are wondering).
– Engaged in melee combat with 4 other fighters, all of us armed with bokkens. I was defeated in every single round.
– Completed many loads of laundry and dishes.
– Practiced music for my El Rio show and also the show I will be playing in Second Life tomorrow afternoon.
– Promised my 11 yr old that this afternoon when he gets home from school I will play the level of VVVVVV he created.
– Hiked up Mori Point and marveled at the color of the ocean.
– Read about an Oklahoma woman, a mother to 11 children, who is now attending Harvard and thought to myself, “I should be doing more.”